Good morning and happy Monday everybody! Or should I say, Happy First Day of Spring! If you're in the Northern Hemisphere, today is the Spring Equinox and I am more than thrilled to celebrate it. I'm going to keep this brief, because I'm sure you all have manny things to get done today. Spring is consistent with productivity, of course. Here is a list of ways you can welcome the new season in a spiritual, mindful way:
- Buy yourself flowers. It helps to have new life in your space as we welcome spring. It reminds us that growth is always happening and we must foster it with care.
- Clean out your space. Spring cleaning is a spiritual act, it helps remove literal, physical clutter that is also representative of the mental and emotional clutter that accumulates within us. Clean your space, cleanse yourself.
- Praise yourself. You made it through winter! Show yourself some love by doing something you love.
- Make something. Cook, bake, do your hair, make art, whatever. Bring something new and unique into the world with your own hands. Cultivate your own garden in tune with the seasons by using your unique abilities to make something that would not have existed without your touch.
- Spend time outside. I know for many of us on the Eastern side of the States, it's still very cold. There's still snow on the ground in D.C, but I'm going to try to sit outside (or at least near a window) for some time today. If you can, take your shoes off and celebrate the ground's energies. Breathe in the freshness of spring, exhale and release the dead energies of winter.
- Start that thing you wanted to do months ago. It's never too late, in fact, now is probably the best time to start something new. With the new energies of spring, your projects are likely to blossom just as the flowers outside are beginning to.
- Cleanse your crystals! Tonight the Moon is in Capricorn, the Earth sign representing abundance, resilience and ambition. Like the Sea Goat, you will continue to overcome obstacles in your path. The energies of the moon are strong tonight, so harness the guidance of the Last Quarter and the Capricorn by cleansing your crystals. They will guide you throughout the season.
- Light candles. Get used to warmth on your skin, it's going to start warming up! Lighting candles is a ritualistic activity across the globe. You can give thanks to your ancestors, ask the spirits for protection, or simply gaze into the flames and appreciate the stillness and quietness of life.
Spring is an exciting time and there are many ways to celebrate the new season, even if you aren't particularly spiritual. I wish you all a productive and clarity welcoming Spring!